|Accepted Recycling Center Items
Please sort the following accepted items according to category (i.e. place items by each category separately into a used grocery bag, new plastic bag, a box or other container). This effort by you (our customer) allows us to provide an efficient and better quality of service.
- Aluminum products: Cans, foil, and pie plates. Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid left in the item(s).
- Cardboard: Cereal, Kleenex, pizza, soap bar boxes, paper roll and tissue inserts, soft drink packaging, moving boxes, product shipment boxes. No waxed or plastic coated cardboard items
- Ink, laser and copier toner cartridges: Ink cartridges need to be in their original box or a similar one, but if neither is available, then a Ziploc bag is acceptable. The laser and copier toner cartridges must be placed in a plastic bag that is securely closed and their original box.
- Magazines: Magazines, catalogues and telephone books
- Mixed paper: Direct mail, envelopes, colored paper, or post it notes - No tissues or paper towels
- Newsprint: Newspaper and the inserts that come with it
- Phones: Cell phones with rechargeable battery and house phones
- Plastics: Number one through seven. Remove lids from bottled items. Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid left in the item(s)
- Rechargeable batteries: Batteries must be labeled “rechargeable” or have a recycle symbol, (usually labeled RBRC) in order to be accepted. These batteries are commonly found in cordless power tools, cellular and cordless phones, laptop computers, camcorders, remote control toys, and portable household appliances, also including small sealed lead (Pb) batteries. This does not include car or motorcycles batteries.
- Shredded paper: White paper cut up, must be placed in a plastic or brown bag
- Steel / tin cans: Metal cans and lids (labels do not have to be removed). Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the cans.
- White paper: Office paper, school notebook, and office printer paper
Community Recycling Center
500 Hays Street
Corner of McFarland and Hays
Kerrville, TX 78028
New Hours Effective
Monday thru Friday-
8:30am until 4:30pm
(closed from 1pm-2pm for lunch)
Open every 3rd Saturday of each Month-
8:30am until 1:30pm
Glass is no longer accepted effective 12/1/2014