|Accepted Recycling Center Items
Please sort the following accepted items according to category (i.e. place items by each category separately into a used grocery bag, new plastic bag, a box or other container). This effort by you (our customer) allows us to provide an efficient and better quality of service.
- Aluminum products: Cans, foil, and pie plates. Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid left in the item(s).
- Cardboard: Cereal, Kleenex, pizza, soap bar boxes, paper roll and tissue inserts, soft drink packaging, moving boxes, product shipment boxes. No waxed or plastic coated cardboard items
- Glass (Type One and Type Two): All glass should be rinsed and have the metal lids removed as they can be placed in the steel / tin can category.
- Type One: Clear, green, brown, and blue can be mixed (Please keep type one glass separate from type two glass).
- Type Two: Ovenware / stove top glass (Corning, Corel, Pyrex, casserole dish and pie plates); other kitchen and household ware (i.e. drinking glasses, vases and clear ware); stoneware (i.e. dishes / plates that are not clear and coffee mugs)
- Ink, laser and copier toner cartridges: Ink cartridges need to be in their original box or a similar one, but if neither is available, then a Ziploc bag is acceptable. The laser and copier toner cartridges must be placed in a plastic bag that is securely closed and their original box.
- Magazines: Magazines, catalogues and telephone books
- Mixed paper: Direct mail, envelopes, colored paper, or post it notes - No tissues or paper towels
- Newsprint: Newspaper and the inserts that come with it
- Phones: Cell phones with rechargeable battery and house phones
- Plastics: Number one through seven. Remove lids from bottled items. Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid left in the item(s)
- Rechargeable batteries: Batteries must be labeled “rechargeable” or have a recycle symbol, (usually labeled RBRC) in order to be accepted. These batteries are commonly found in cordless power tools, cellular and cordless phones, laptop computers, camcorders, remote control toys, and portable household appliances, also including small sealed lead (Pb) batteries. This does not include car or motorcycles batteries.
- Shredded paper: White paper cut up, must be placed in a plastic or brown bag
- Steel / tin cans: Metal cans and lids (labels do not have to be removed). Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the cans.
- White paper: Office paper, school notebook, and office printer paper
Community Recycling Center
Corner of McFarland and Hays Streets
Kerrville, TX 78028
Scrap Metal, Electronics, &
Large Cardboard Only
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday
10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Holiday Closure for Thanksgiving
In observance of Thanksgiving Day, the City of Kerrville Community Recycling Center will be closed Thursday - Saturday, November 28 - 30, 2013. The site will resume business on Tuesday, December 3, 2013.