Weekly Collection Information
Weekly collection will consist of household waste and recycling items on the same day. Household trash collection (curbside) will take place once a week on your designated day and consists of solid waste derived from household residential units. Household trash does not include hazardous waste, home construction debris (i.e. sink, vanity, tub, toilet, cabinet, cement, bricks, and shingles), or yard waste.
Trash containers may be put out at curb after 8:00 pm the night before collection day, but must be removed by 10:00 pm on collection day. Be sure you do not
mix household trash and yard waste.
For household trash or yard waste (leaves and grass clippings) containers must:
- Be constructed of plastic, metal, or fiberglass
- Have a capacity of 20 to 45 gallons
- Not exceed 45 lbs
The city is not responsible for emptying contents sticking to walls of container. Plastic bags can also be used, but contents must not exceed 35 lbs. and bags must have sufficient wall strength to maintain physical integrity when lifted.
Recycling materials include the following:
- Advertisements (mail)
- Aluminum (rinsed)
- Cardboard boxes (these should be flattened and cut into sections 4-feet by 2.5-feet or less)
- Clear and brown glass (not broken) Magazines
- Metal cans (rinsed)
- Newspaper (collected only on dry days - wet newspaper cannot be recycled)
- Number 1 or 2 plastic containers
Paint Collection & Household Hazardous Waste
Residents of Kerr County have an opportunity to recycle paint and dispose of household chemicals during our Hazardous Household Waste Collection events. This event will be held at the Community Recycling Center in November. Please refer to the Solid Waste Calendar for specific dates and times.
Special arrangements can be made with AW to pick up the following items:
- Cement blocks
- Limbs more than six inches in diameter and over six feet in length
- Materials from remodeling or demolition
- Tree trunks
For information about pickup and rates call (830) 257-3831